What is it?
Basically, students pretend to get hit and then attack back at the camera. When it is all edited together it makes the attacks and hits pretty seamless. I will start it off by “attacking” a student, then they will attack another student, and so on. Sound FX and music will be added to make a fun little video.
- Plan out what you are doing.
- Make sure the area or “stage” that you are using is safe.
- Record in horizontal format.
- Record with your smartphones over camcorders etc.
- 1080p HD is good enough, please don’t do 4k.
- Keep an ear out for distracting ambient sounds.
- Keep the videos short, approximately 3 to 6 seconds.
- Upload to Google Drive OR email/zip and email.
- Please don’t use Facebook messenger to send me the videos.
- I will provide everyone with some simple instructions; like, you get hit from the right and attack straight on.
- For getting hit: stand near or away from the camera lens. Either is fine.
- SELL the attack on you. Make sure to include “grunt” etc.
- When attacking back, pass in front of the lens. Sell it, but be careful not to hit the camera.
- Props are fun, but please let me know what you are planning.
- Again, be creative and have fun with it. Any parents who want to participate, please let me know.
Can’t wait to see what you send me and I can’t wait to see the end product!
Here is a great example video.