Board Breaking for Students Testing
If you have not scheduled a time for board breaking on Saturday, please do so. I will be there from 10am to 12pm. If Saturday does not work, we can schedule another time of course, I’m just trying to get it all done at once.
Virtual Class Tuition
Starting this month, we will have to start charging for our virtual classes. Virtual Kids Class students can train up to 6x a week and Teens / Adults 3x. Virtual tuition will be $50 a month. (If you are training in person, you can join virtual class, use them as make up or for extra training.)
Starting next week on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Kid Virtual Classes will be at 4pm and 5:15pm. The Teen / Adult classes will start at 7:30 and now go for an hour. Below are the links and meeting ID’s.
Kids Class 1 Tuesday / Thursday 4pm
Meeting ID: 832 2199 1769
Kids Class 2 Tuesday / Thursday 5:15pm
Meeting ID: 832 2297 4499
Teen / Adult Tuesday & Thursday 7:30pm
Meeting ID: 831 0180 4393
The password is going to be the same. If there are any students who have not trained in the virtual classes and want to, you’ll need to contact me to get the password etc. Also, I have updated our main site with the above links and schedule. I recommend using the main site for the links. Below is a link to the Virtual Class page with our current schedule and links.
Parks & Rec. Classes
We start our classes at the Parks & Rec very soon and so, there are some details to review and go over. First I want to say that we still have some room in every class, so if you are interested, please shoot me a message or email. Secondly would be to remind those of you who want to train at the P&R of our current rates.
Kids: one day a week = $50
Kids: two days a week = $60
Teens / Adults: one day a week = $60
Teens / Adults: two days a week = $70
Third would be go over our safety guidelines and protocols. Many basic guidelines should be things that we do all the time, and not just during a pandemic. Things like properly washing your hands, coughing / sneezing into a tissue or your elbow (if you can can’t find or get to a tissue), not coming to class if you feel sick, and of course being respectful. So lets go over our basic procedures and rules for training at the Parks & Rec.
Some basic rules:
- Don’t come to class if you feel ill. (I know I said this above, but just in case I am saying it again.)
- Spectators will not be allowed during class. Parents will be allowed to drop off their kids and pick them up in the building.
- Everyone who enters the building for class or drop off / pick up, must wear a mask.
- Lengthy conversations should be brought outside and away from entrance so that students and parents can come and go.
- Students will need to wear their masks up until they have reached their spot for class, and then they can remove it if they wish. Students do not need to train with a mask on unless they want to.
- Students should bring a water bottle to class and keep it with them. Please make sure the cap is secure and or the type of water bottle you use does not leak easily.
- Preferably, students will use the bathroom at home before class. I will be cleaning frequently, and so will not stop someone from using the bathroom if they really need to use it. But again, please try to use your bathroom at home before you leave for class.
- When class is over, students will need to put their masks back on before they leave their spot and eventually the building.
- Everyone needs to be respectful of other peoples space and use the six feet rule.
- Official classes mean, official training attire. Please wear your dobok, or dobok pants and t-shirt for class.
- Students arrive at the door with their mask on.
- Master Andy will take their temperature and ask them two questions: 1. Do you have any reason to believe you or anyone in your household has been exposed to or acquired COVID-19? 2. To the best of your knowledge have you or any of your family been in close proximity to any individual who tested positive for COVID-19? (Note: parents can answer for their kids here.)
- Students allowed in will now go to take off their shoes and coat in a timely and orderly manner before heading to their training spot.
- Once in there spot, students can either take off their mask, or leave it on.
- When class is done, students will be asked to put their masks back on before they are allowed to get their coats and shoes. We will do this in a one by one fashion, family members training in the same class will be allowed to do so together.
Overall I believe that this is pretty easy, it allows us some social interaction, and the opportunity to train together again. Whether or not you agree or disagree with the safety precautions, I would ask that everyone be respectful and understand that this is want we need to do in order to train in person again.
For students who are training at home virtually, I will try to get the class link up 10 minutes before each class. For those of you who are interested in training in person at the Parks & Rec., we still have room in most of our classes. Please contact me if you want to train in person with us.
We will get through this everyone, by being smart, safe, flexible / adaptable, and respectful.